Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Love Thursdays

Thursdays are sort of my Friday. I work overnights, from Sunday night until Wednesday night. That means I have every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night off! I love the feeling of walking into the house Thursday morning and knowing I do not have to be leaving it again at 9:45 (ok, who am I kidding, I am always late and leave at 9:55!) that night to head off to work. Also, some Thursdays I have MOPS, and Survivor is on at 7:00 Thursday night! (Not that I have watched it lately, but I can always catch up online!)

Today, I am going to clean house, eat leftover chili for lunch, make some spinach artichoke dip, cornbread and... perhaps a cherry crisp. I am looking forward to my family coming tomorrow from Wisconsin to celebrate Ruby's birthday. I am also looking forward to going to the Good Food Store / co-op with my sister while she is here! :) Plus, we are having Bilotti's pizza... MMM.

I'm also in the mood to try some new foods and new recipes. I get this way every season, and Fall is my favorite time of year. I can start baking again (not that I can't do this year-round, but Summer is just too hot to do much baking), and I love the smell of food simmering in my crock pot all day, or fresh bread baking in the bread machine. Mmm. And lately I have been craving all things pumpkin. Guess it's that time of year!

Some of you know I've been following MckMama's blog for a bit now, and she has some great, healthy concoctions posted there that have piqued my interest. :) So, last night I picked up a few things at the grocery store and... well, if I didn't have a huge bowl of leftover chili from last night's dinner in my fridge, I'd actually have room to make some of this stuff!

I meant to post much more today, but writing about all this food is making my stomach growl... Maybe I should go start on that bowl of chili!!!

No comments: