Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mangoes?

I thought I'd take a minute to explain the name of my blog, for those of you who don't know me. My husband grew up in Cambodia, and our last name means "mango" in the Khmer language. :) So... we are the 5 mangoes. :)

It is my intent to write about daily happenings in our household, post pictures and short videos of the kiddos, and ramble on with my own thoughts on life. Hm, was there anything post-worthy that happened today?

I spent about 2 hours reading through a fellow blogger's comments section, and spent some time in prayer for families that have lost babies.

I recorded a video of my kids dancing to a congolese song (Esengo, by Selah). My 6 year old was dancing and pretending to play his guitar. He was even attempting to lip sync, which I found humorous because he is not very familiar with the words. Since they are not English words!

Which reminds me.

Ethan wants to learn another language. He talks about it all the time. I personally have admiration for people who can speak more than one language fluently, so I guess I can see his interest! My husband is bilingual, but he has not taught very many words to our children. I know a bit of Spanish, but certainly not enough to teach Ethan very much. He is proud that he can (for the most part) count to 10 in spanish, though. :) He always forgets "siete" but he is getting there.

I think my 2 year old just fell in the toilet. Sigh. I sure hope not, but I guess this ends my blogging for the day!

:)

Susan

No comments: